We are a growing tunneling contractor based in Calgary, AB that offers its employees exciting opportunities for career growth, a great working environment, and competitive compensation.
The Company: Bothar specializes in trenchless tunneling technologies, balancing cost-effective drilling solutions with environmental protection. Our trenchless tunneling methodologies, presents cost effective solutions for challenging pipeline and in urban and remote working environments.
Bothar is respected in the trenchless contracting industry by clients and employees alike, for our integrity, commitment to excellence, and customer orientated service.
· Our great team of staff are the best in their field. They are committed to collaboration, quality, and safety. We invest in our people, and they deliver excellence!
· We believe in leading through innovation and providing superior value and service to our clients and partners by with safe, high quality, and environmentally conscious trenchless solutions.
The Position: As we are expanding our field of operations, we are in need of more specialized and experienced to join our team. We’re looking for someone experienced and motivated to join Bothar in the position of Excavator Operator. This position is responsible for the safe operation of heavy-duty equipment for ground excavation including wheeled and track excavator, assisting the operations team to ensure the project is executed within the approved schedule and according to project parameters. Successful candidates will have knowledge operating wheeled excavation equipment.
· Equitable pay based on experience
· Onsite premiums and applicable overtime
· Health spending account and extended benefits
- Previous experience of sinking caisson shafts and operating equipment below grade
- Previous experience of working in urban area
- Experience working with 360 Wheeled Excavator (Rubber Duck)
- Experience working with Dumper/Roller would be beneficial and experience of driving a Wheeled Excavator is essential and you must hold a valid certificate
- Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company’s operating safety policies and procedures
- Ensure all excavations meet OH&S requirements i.e.: valid locates, back slope on excavations, spoil pile location crossing agreements, etc.
- Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers
- Ensure company equipment, material and work site are maintained, kept clean and stored in a safe manner.
- Responsible for daily maintenance and routine repairs of heavy-duty equipment
- Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance
- When not operating, complete some labour related tasks around site
· Action oriented, maintaining high levels of productivity and able to work long hours when necessary
· Ability to work independently; taking initiative and prompt action to achieve goals and meet needs without being asked
· Safety awareness; aware of conditions and circumstances that may cause damage to personnel or property
· High stress tolerance; maintaining performance under pressure and handling oneself in stressful situations in a manner that is professional and courteous
· Adaptable to changes in assignments and priorities; adapting behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles
· Quality orientated, monitoring and checking work to meet quality standards; demonstrates a high level of care and thoroughness
· High level of technical expertise; demonstrated through problem solving, applying professional judgment, and competent performance
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, and hear
· Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
· Distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Employee will be required to work in outdoor weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat
· Required to work in confined spaces
– Covid 19 Vaccination required
To Apply: email resume to: email@example.com